Tailor your policy by selecting this optional cover during your quotation. This optional extension could be useful if you are taking Sports Equipment or Cycles on a Trip.
Note: Section 13 only applies if You have opted to purchase the Sports Equipment and Cycles cover extension and this is shown in Your Schedule of Insurance.
In addition to Section 4 Baggage and Personal Effects, We will pay up to the amount shown in Your Schedule of Insurance after making reasonable allowance for wear, tear and depreciation and subject to the special condition shown below for loss or theft of, or damage to Sports Equipment or cycles owned, hired or borrowed by You.
We will pay up to the sum insured shown in the Your Schedule of Insurance per day to a maximum of the sum insured shown in the Your Schedule of Insurance for the hiring of replacement equipment if Your Sports Equipment or cycles are lost or damaged or delayed for more than 12 hours, during Your outward or onward Trip.
In addition to the General Conditions and Exclusions on pages 14 to 19:
1. the amount of the Excess shown in Your Schedule of Insurance for each claim.
2. loss or theft of Sports Equipment or cycles stolen from an unattended motor vehicle if: i) they have not been locked out of sight in a secure baggage area of the vehicle or to a purpose designed cycle rack; ii) no forcible and violent means have been used by an unauthorised person to gain entry into the vehicle; and iii) no evidence of such entry is available.
3. damage to Sports Equipment or cycles whilst in use for race training or racing.
4. Your damaged Sports Equipment or cycles if not submitted to Us for Our inspection.
5. loss or theft of Sports Equipment or cycles not reported to the police within 24 hours of discovering the loss, or as soon as possible after that, and a written report or reference obtained in the country where the incident occurred.
6. loss or theft of, or damage to, Sports Equipment or cycles whilst in transit unless reported to the carrier and a property irregularity report obtained.
7. delay, detention, seizure or confiscation by customs or other officials.
8. loss or theft of, or damage to, Sports Equipment or cycles over 5 years old.
9. loss or theft of Sports Equipment or cycles left unattended in a public place unless securely locked to a fixed object and evidence of forcible removal is provided.
10. loss or theft of, or damage to, waterborne craft of any description or any road-going vehicle other than cycles.
11. Ski Equipment
Special conditions applicable to section 13 In respect of loss or damage to Sports Equipment or cycles. We will not pay more than the proportion shown below depending on the age of the equipment. It is a requirement of this insurance that You must, in the event of a claim, provide receipts or other documentation to prove ownership and value, especially in respect of any items for which You are claiming more than £/€ 100.
Up to 1 year 85%
Up to 2 years 65%
Up to 3 years 45%
Up to 4 years 30%
Up to 5 years 20%
Over 5 years NIL
Please check our Policy Wording for full details.
|Owned and Hired Sports and Cycle Equipment||£/€1,500||£/€1,500||£/€1,500||£/€100 or 50|
|Single Item Limit||£/€500||£/€500||£/€500||£/€100 or 50|
|Hiring Replacement Equipment||£/€20 per day up to 400||£/€20 per day up to 400||£/€20 per day up to 400||Nil|