SECTION 13 – SPORTS EQUIPMENT AND CYCLES COVER
Note: Section 13 only applies if You have opted to purchase the Sports Equipment and Cycles cover
extension and this is shown in Your Schedule of Insurance.
SECTION 13.1 – Owned and Hired Sports and Cycle Equipment
WHAT IS COVERED
In addition to Section 4 Baggage and Personal Effects, We will pay up to the amount shown in Your
Schedule of Insurance after making reasonable allowance for wear, tear and depreciation and subject
to the special condition shown below for loss or theft of, or damage to Sports Equipment or cycles
owned, hired or borrowed by You.
SECTION 13.2 – Hiring Replacement Sports/Cycle Equipment
WHAT IS COVERED
We will pay up to the sum insured shown in the Your Schedule of Insurance per day to a maximum of
the sum insured shown in the Your Schedule of Insurance for the hiring of replacement equipment if
Your Sports Equipment or cycles are lost or damaged or delayed for more than 12 hours, during Your
outward or onward Trip.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER SECTION 13
In addition to the General Conditions and Exclusions on pages 14 to 19:
1. the amount of the Excess shown in Your Schedule of Insurance for each claim.
2. loss or theft of Sports Equipment or cycles stolen from an unattended motor vehicle if:
i) they have not been locked out of sight in a secure baggage area of the vehicle or to a
purpose designed cycle rack;
ii) no forcible and violent means have been used by an unauthorised person to gain entry into
the vehicle; and
iii) no evidence of such entry is available.
3. damage to Sports Equipment or cycles whilst in use for race training or racing.
4. Your damaged Sports Equipment or cycles if not submitted to Us for Our inspection.
5. loss or theft of Sports Equipment or cycles not reported to the police within 24 hours of discovering
the loss, or as soon as possible after that, and a written report or reference obtained in the country
where the incident occurred.
6. loss or theft of, or damage to, Sports Equipment or cycles whilst in transit unless reported to the
carrier and a property irregularity report obtained.
7. delay, detention, seizure or confiscation by customs or other officials.
8. loss or theft of, or damage to, Sports Equipment or cycles over 5 years old.
9. loss or theft of Sports Equipment or cycles left unattended in a public place unless securely locked
to a fixed object and evidence of forcible removal is provided.
10. loss or theft of, or damage to, waterborne craft of any description or any road-going vehicle other
11. Ski Equipment
Special conditions applicable to section 13 In respect of loss or damage to Sports Equipment or cycles.
We will not pay more than the proportion shown below depending on the age of the equipment. It is a
requirement of this insurance that You must, in the event of a claim, provide receipts or other
documentation to prove ownership and value, especially in respect of any items for which You are
claiming more than £/€ 100.
Up to 1 year 85%
Up to 2 years 65%
Up to 3 years 45%
Up to 4 years 30%
Up to 5 years 20%
Over 5 years NIL